Monday, May 30, 2005

Woah Man!

AAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bing here once again with a tale you don’t wanna miss. You need Eunice you see.

I’m bad with spelling, and “Eunice’s” real name is something I always get wrong in emails and such, of course she never lets me forget it either so a few months ago I told her “Fine..I screw up your name so I’ma start calling you Eunice”. So let’s begin shall we?

I met the lovely Eunice in college (sense a pattern here?). I had agreed to do a play in the drama department hoping to meet some new people and possibly make a few friends. Eunice was one of the “biggies” in the drama department. She was rare in the fact that not only did she have some real talent but that she also had a real work ethic. Eunice always knew her shit, never was she late, she never complained, she came in did her job and nailed it every time….then she met Frank, Slapp, LunchBox and me, she ain’t never been right since…..

Before I go on, I really need to spend some time on this “Theatre Department” at my college. Dollar for dollar THE BEST entertainment I ever had in college, (next to a few ATO parties in the old days). The best way to describe it is to consider these three statements:
1-There is a fine line between creative and stupid—David St. Hubbins_Spinal Tap
2-Just because you’re weird doesn’t mean you’re cool—Bing
3-Make you wanna smack your Mama!!!—Slapp
....somewhere in between the lines is the magic that made it work. Believe it or not Jake is the one who has the best poetic take on it, I’ll let him *’splain* it to those that need educating.


…Anway….this is all about Eunice……

Eunice was the one that threw the party that birthed the King Frank, helped keep Slapp from chasing 17 year olds, listened to Lunchbox’s stories with patience, and watched me “bob and weave” Han and Chewie outta trouble. All around she was a damn good person and best of all…she was a girl. Not one of those giggly, stupid girls mind you but a strong stable woman, even in college. I’ve always said that Eunice is the type of person that is much older than her years. I mean it wasn’t easy for her to go thru college having to constantly keep “her boys” out of trouble, heartache, and jail. I doubt that without her glue and fist any of us would have stayed so close together. Granted we lost a few on the way, good and bad, but those who made it are the ones you keep and claim. I never for a second thought Eunice was anything other than a Keeper.

And if I did, I would’ve lost all doubt when this one time at band camp……………….

I had a girlfriend in college, she was a fire breathing, spirit crushing, hate filled, manipulative, evil, witch of a girlfriend. It really was all my fault. Amazing how much blame DDD’s can make a 23 year old man accept isn’t it? But then again I was a huge hormonal dumbass with too big an ego…..(I wasn’t bad on the eyes though…..) Well one night this girl had talked me into submission about going to see her Mom in a town some 3.5 hours away, I forget the circumstances but Eunice and Krock (more later) had decided to come along….probably for “the show”. Anyway, we start out in my parent’s back yard one night. My mother’s little dachshund “Tilly” comes running out to greet Eunice. (This dog hated pretty much everyone except for Jake and Eunice….weird huh?) Before Eunice can even get one leg out of the car Tilly is in the floor board all excited and frantic that Eunice is here!!!!! EUNICE IS HERE!!!! OOH MY GAWD EUNICE!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHH

--and the dog pees all over the damn place…

**Later we used that as an excuse to leave Momville early**…Eunice saves the day, well…….with some pee from a small dog..but still it was EUNICE!!!!


Eunice also has one hell of a singing voice too. Not just one of those “Oh that girl can sing” voices but a trained voice. Talent and control, damn they sound good when she does it. If she’ll let me I link a few of her songs to this page. Damn good stuff. Can’t really say much about it you just gotta hear it. I think Jim Steinman said it best when he said “..it had a voice like a horny angel…”…it ain’t delicate but it is accurate


Well I could go on and on about how wonderful I think Eunice is, she knows I think she is the shit and that is all there is too it………………


LATE!!!!!